wood burning stoves 2.0*
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes Vote here: I'm studying for the SCJP 1.5 exam Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "Vote here: I Watch "Vote here: I New topic
Author

Vote here: I'm studying for the SCJP 1.5 exam

vertical limit
Greenhorn

Another vote for SCJP 1.5!

No matter what I take, i'm still gonna review...study...so might as well take the latest...to keep you on track

There are very few mock exams available for 1.5 though. I plan to buy K & B 1.5 practice exams but it hasn't been released yet...so taking this exam is more challenging than 1.4....and that i think is a good motivation!
Isuru Sampath
Ranch Hand

Java 1.5 it is... Coz' I'm obsessed with the Tiger... rrrrr!

And Mr. Bates Sir I am using U R book
[ July 16, 2006: Message edited by: Isuru Sampath ]

No Winds No Waves
Priya Jotwani
Ranch Hand

Hi All,

I am studying for SCJP 1.5 too because I feel thats the best way I could learn about the Java 1.5 features. There is no point giving SCJP 1.4 exam when we already have the upgraded version in the market.

Study 1.5,its fun
Jeronimo Sanchez
Greenhorn

I'm preparing SCJP 1.5 exam.

I love developing since I was a student, but I've never had chance to develop software for my living. Always having worked in administration and supporting areas, now I've decided it's time to turn my so-long dreams into reality.

Even if I'm not an experienced developer, I can see Java is the best (and only?) inteligent bet to quickly find a job and enjoy serious programming (this is my opinion, of course).

I really hope SCJP 1.5 can help me in finding the job a want!

Preparing SCJP 1.5
Parag Bharambe
Ranch Hand

Hi,

Everybody is voting for 1.5, but how are you planning to study? Three is no official text book, there is not much mock text available so how will you test your skills?

I read it quite a lot in the current that SCJP 5 will land a good job. Frankly, i do not think by mere SCJP 5.0 one will land a good job,. In fact most of the employer look for SCJP , and most often they do not look for 1.4 OR 5. I agree that SCJP 5 is latest, but very few companies have started using it commercially.

your comments welcome...

Parag
Barry Gaunt
Ranch Hand

There has never been an "official" text book. But if you will seek, then you find some (at least three) books which are meant for candidates wishing to obtain SCJP 5.0.

Ask a Meaningful Question and HowToAskQuestionsOnJavaRanch
Getting someone to think and try something out is much more useful than just telling them the answer.
Ankit Gaurav
Greenhorn

Hi all,
I started preparations for SCJP 5.0 in March but it was mostly an on/off affair because of the job commitments.Hopefully I will be in good shape to give it by August end.I am using the K&B book.If what i heard i right that there is going to an SCJP 5 mock questions book by Bert and Kathy the i might delay taking th exam until its released.
Shubhada Nandarshi
Ranch Hand

Hi guys ...........I m also planning 4 SCJP1.5

Shubhada
Harshad Khasnis
Ranch Hand

Initially I started with SCJP 1.4 with Khalid Mughal book. (sorry Mr.Bates not started with your book). But now I am planning to go for SCJP 5. AND this time I am using Mr. Bates's book.
Planning to give exam in next 15 days.
And I am going for it because
new challenge
new concepts (Generics,Autoboxing,Enums,etc.)
will Look impressive on my resume.
and ofcourse I hate bit operators.
Joy Mookerji
Ranch Hand

I sat and passed the SCJP 1.5 exam. I started new in JAVA being a C++ programmer and since I wanted to work in a new technology thought of getting certified on the latest one

SCJP 5<br />Brainbench Certified in C++<br />PMP<br />Dallas,TX
Narendra Jain
Greenhorn

hi Bert,

would like to know from you. Assume that you are java developer with 2-3 yrs of experience and say you have entire 2 months to prepare apart from working hours.

if you are selecting 1.4 please tell us why 1.4 and why not 1.5 or,
if you are selecting 1.5 please tell us why 1.5 and why not 1.4

praveen lanka
Greenhorn

i am preparing for 1.5 exam. because it will cover the new concepts and i think it is useful in future.
amitesh kumar
Ranch Hand

Java 1.5

Beacause I loved the new changes in Java. pLus my company is extensively using java 5 features. this will help me improve my contributions to the company as well as my own skills
AbhijitV Paranjpe
Greenhorn

I am preparing for the SCJP 1.5.
Because it is going to help me in my future plans.
and I also dont think that giving a scjp 1.4 exam and then an upgrade exam is not feasible at this particular moment as the scjp 1.5 exam is already launched
Cate van Alphen
Greenhorn

I'm going for Java 5 because it's the latest and I didn't know any better. However if 1.5 is widely considered to be more difficult than 1.4 it is probably worth more anyway.
Passionate Coder
Greenhorn

Preparing SCJP 1.5 with full pace

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Vote here: I'm studying for the SCJP 1.5 exam