• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Content is not allowed in prolog

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am using Ilog's JRules which is a rule engine. It also allows to save files(known as repositories) to a database. I am wrting a tool that does a back up and restore of these files.

BackUp Logic - Read from database, put data in tablewise Vectors and serialize to a file.

Restore Logic - Read from the .ser file and write the data to the database.

The backup and restore works fine only until opening the restored repository in ILog. When i open the repository in ILog it gives me

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog exception. I guess its probably not able to parse the data that is retrieved from the database, may be encountering an unwanted caharacter. Has it got to do anything with the encoding? Please suggest.

Regards,

Nikhil
[ October 28, 2004: Message edited by: Nikhil Vasaikar ]

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It sounds like you've got something illegal in the beginning of your XML document (before the root element's beginning tag).

Anyway, I'm moving this topic to theXML forum since it's more about XML than XML Certification.

Nikhil Vasaikar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

That error does not occur anymore. Actually the Informix JDBC driver blew up in the executeBatch() method. It persists the first value in the batch for all the rest of records in the batch. Well now I am encoutering a different problem. I still cannot open the repository in ILog. It gives me a java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid block type
at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source).
Unfortunately, I have no clue of how ILog reads the repositories from the database. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Nikhil
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic