• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Agile for beginners - Question for Author

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I want to learn and understand Agile. I don't have any experience with it. I have been working in j2ee for last 6 years. How would your book help people like me?

Thanks,
Sushma

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sushma Sharma:
I want to learn and understand Agile. I don't have any experience with it. I have been working in j2ee for last 6 years. How would your book help people like me?

Hi Sushma,

Congratulations, you're our target audience! We had in mind programmers with an interest in agile development but not necessarily any practical experience practicing it.

We assume that you understand the basics of professional software development in a modern language (J2EE certainly qualifies) and don't explain IDEs or object oriented programming, but we cover the agile practices in detail, assuming only that our readers have an interest in them.

I can see three benefits for you:

* Improve your understanding of the agile practices through studying and practicing them with your work

* Learn strategies for adopting them with your team

* Reflect on what works best for you and your team and refine your process to improve how you deliver high-quality software

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic