• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed SCJP Through IBM

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Everyone,
Today I passed the exam with 77 % as an IBM candidate.I reffered this exam as IBM's 000-155 exam number.It was the same exam as Sun's 310-025.I've got same question format ,time duration etc,etc.The most important thing is now I'm SCJP2 as well as IBM certified Professional.
So I want to thank to Most wonderful place in the world "Java Ranch" & all the wonderful people out there !
Regarding the exam,
It's little tougher than I thought.(but don't confuse it's definitely manageble )I've done 35+ mock exams in Maha's site.As many people said , I don't think the exam is similar to the Marcus's Mocks.It was not that easy.In most of mock exams I scored 85% - 95%. As many people said lot of code questions came but only got one question with 30 lines (Thread questoin).Others are average 15 - 20 lines.
The books I used , RHE & Khalid's.I preffered RHE than Khalid's (but it is a great book ,but some un-needed stuffs are there)Also the exam is not that trickier like Khalid's Mock exam.
I used Marcus's revision tute.It's really good & I should say Zang's notes is marvelous.What a good job done by him.
I frequently visited this wonderful site & used the search facility to search topics like Threads,GarbageCollection,I/O & it helped me to pass the exam.
I've scored 100 % for Threads, 100 % on I/O & 100 % on GBC.
Most people saying that the toughest part is threads.Why they telling like this is any of the mock exams doesn't cover questions like real exam asked.I got a thread question which contained two threads which try to manupulate two StringBuffer objects with synchronized blocks which will generate dead lock situ.
I/O questions were easy & stucked with the basics construction of Streams & Readers.
Finally, I would say passing the exam is not a big deal but scorring good figure needs more hard work.
Regards,
Shan Karawita.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi shan,
congratulations!!!
please give me some details of this IBM-PAPER.
i have no knowledge about the exam.i will be highly obliged.
my email address is asheet@chequemail.com.
bye
asheet anand

Shan Karawita
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Asheet,
There is no different papaer call IBM-Paper it was the same exam (Same Identical Paper) as Sun's.What I've done was registered to the exam through IBM's exam number 155 .(IBM is refering Sun's 310-025 exam as 000 - 155).So the advantage of this is We can have certified from both the companies just taking one exam.(IBM Certified Professional & Sun Certified Java Programmer) .There is another advantage here in Sri Lanka.That's, it's cheeper than direct registering.Also you can do the exam, two days after registration.
If you want to get the idea about the exam , you're at the right place.Go to the Certification study forum & search some topics regarding the exam.You can definitly find lot of details from them.Also go to the JavaRach's FAQ.Another good places to find details Maha Anna's Site
Marcus Green's Site
regards,
Shan.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations Shan
------------------
Jane
The cure for boredom is curiosity.
There is no cure for curiosity.
-- Dorothy Parker

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Shan
Congratulations!!!Enjoy your success.Kindly let me know where I may find Zang's notes.
Thanx
anjan

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi Shan Karawita
congratulations to you!!,its really a nice score.I wanted ur help,i am writing the scjp exam very shortly.I am being scared of thread questions,please can u tell me what all we have to refer for getting thru it and please give me the links of those sites and my mail id is vasanthi@123india.com.Please do not forget.
regards
vasanthi

vasanthi_r
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi shan
congratulation for a great success!!!.
I am actually very new to this site,and i am even writing the exam very shortly.Can u please tell me how should i approach the study of threads as i have heard that it is very tough in the exam,please give the details and send me the site links also to my mail id,it is vasanthi@123india.com.Looking forward for ur reply.
ragards
vasanthi

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic