• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Regarding Oracle9i OCA

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, I am Java Programmer. I want to get certified in Oracle. Oracle is new to me. I searched previous threads in this forum. But i still have some queries. Anyone please clarify and correct me if I am wrong.
1. I will take the Introduction to Oracle9i:SQL(1Z0-007) exam first via Internet and then take Oracle9i Database: Fundamentals I(1Z0-031). Am i right about this.

2. Which book should i refer or which book covers the certification objective completely.
OCA Oracle9i Associate DBA Certification Exam Guide Jason S. Couchman, Sudheer N. Marisetti or
OCA/OCP: Oracle9i DBA SQL Study Guide Chip Dawes, Biju Thomas & OCA/OCP: Oracle9i DBA Fundamentals I Study Guide Biju Thomas, Bob Bryla

3. How much time will it take to complete the 1st and 2nd exam provided I am new to Oracle and will dedicate 20 hours/week for the study?

4. Is there any other materials I should refer.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

1. I will take the Introduction to Oracle9i:SQL(1Z0-007) exam first via Internet and then take Oracle9i Database: Fundamentals I(1Z0-031). Am i right about this.

Yes. However, the order of exam sequence will not affect the certified process.

2. Which book should i refer or which book covers the certification objective completely.
OCA Oracle9i Associate DBA Certification Exam Guide Jason S. Couchman, Sudheer N. Marisetti or
OCA/OCP: Oracle9i DBA SQL Study Guide Chip Dawes, Biju Thomas & OCA/OCP: Oracle9i DBA Fundamentals I Study Guide Biju Thomas, Bob Bryla

I used the ILT materials distributed by Oracle University. The exam questions are very similiar to the content, and some of them even exactly the same.

3. How much time will it take to complete the 1st and 2nd exam provided I am new to Oracle and will dedicate 20 hours/week for the study?

1z0-007 is quite easy, I used approximately 10 hours to study. 1z0-031 is a bit difficult, but if you have database system knowledge, it should be easy to tackle. I spent around 20 hours for this exam, provided that I have taken some database system courses during undergraduate days.

4. Is there any other materials I should refer.

For me, ILT materials are my only reference.

Nick

Rohitt Vermaa
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Nicholas. Thank you very much. Also anyone please clarify me about the 007 exam. In the Official Website it is given as 007 can be taken via internet. Can we take this exam from home?

Nicholas Cheung
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Can we take this exam from home?

Yes, you can do it at home or office or anywhere that having Internet connections. If you wish, you can even complete the test in an open book manner! But I would not suggest you to cheat during the test.

Nick

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
may i know when during the year can i give the oca 9i certification exam and are there any freely downloadable study materials for it???plzzzzzzz help me out
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic