• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed with 74%

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Dear Ranchers,
iam happy to say that i have cleared my XML certification today.
Actually the exam was very very easy and nothing to worry about it.I finished my exam in 58 minutes and i have marked 22 and had lots of time to review the questions.No one need to worry about time.
My personal experience is that all has to write the exam and pls dont follow the messages that the exam is tough and no time at all like that...
i do agree that there are lots of scenario based questions and many are simple and easy to understand and spot the answer correctly.We have to keep our head cool adn when there are some big questions pls mark it and go to the other question so that we can complete the first round ASAP.
some questions are from IBM mock exams very simple questions from DOM and SAX.I was really worried about this one because i haven't did any examples in DOM/SAX but the questions are very simple.
before going to the exam pls read all the messages posted by the ranchers, that adds value.I studied for 3 months part time only.
thanks once again java Ranchers
All the best for all others those who are preparing for certification.
Vasan

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations vasan.
Ranchers as I said earlier, there is nothing to fear about the exam. Go get the certification.
vasan thanks for posting the favorable review. It may be useful if you can remember some of your exam questions
Best of luck for the future.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrates Vasan! It is a wonderful score. After reading one of the post earlier, I rang up Prometric, to delay my exam by 2 weeks. But your post has bolstered my spirits.
That would be more helpful if you can shed some light on XML Schema, XSL and DOM/SAX Questions.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations on your achievement Vasan. It is refreshing and reassuring to hear yet another testimony about the manageability of the exam after having read a number of "scare" stories in the past. Of course, opinions can vary greatly on such matters and I think it really pays to listen to all. I'm new to this forum and am just starting to prep for 141, but I passed the scwcd last week and I relied heavily on the advice and opinions of those who'd gone before Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and good luck in future endeavors.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations Vasan. Vasan and Satya, your messages are very encouraging. Could you roughly mention as to how many questions came from (SOAP, WSDL, UUDI, XSL-FO). My question is "can we take them in a lighter sense" if we are thorough with the main topics like (DTD/Schema, XSLT, DOM/SAX) and the scenario based things.
Thanks.

satya uppaluri
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sorry, had to delete the questions that used to be in this post. Please remember - do not post questions from the actual exam!
Hi Jayadev,
In the exam I had a question on SOAP, which I think very basic.
Deleted
The exact wording may be different but the content is same.
No questions on WSDL.
Deleted
The options might be slightly different.
Deleted
I can say this is hardly a UDDI question.

These are all the questions I got on those technologies (SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XSL-FO).
I may not be authoritative enough to say that “take them in a lighter sense", which would be unfair. However I myself had concentrated on other things and worked out successfully.
Cheers
Satya
[ October 20, 2002: Message edited by: John Wetherbie ]

Jayadev Pulaparty
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Satya. Your elaborations are very helpful.

Vasan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi all,
for me also the same two questions that satya mentioned earlier came. also there are some scenario based questions in UDDI like for fast searching which one will u use
UDDI
XQL
XSLT
then questions in well formedness, many in schema but all are simple (read from xfront.com) and some examples from xpath and xslt (zvon.com)
then...what is the disadvantage of DOM (obvoius memory) very very basic questions only.
Those who have already certified can u please tell me where to get the wallet and other details. Right now they gave me only the marksheet.
Vasan

Author & Gold Digger
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Nice shot Vasan
We ain't got many rules 'round these parts, but we do got one. Please change your displayed name to comply with the JavaRanch Naming Policy.
Thanks Pardner! Hope to see you 'round the Ranch!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations, Vasan!
Thanks for another encouraging post!
Cheers,
Svetlana.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic