• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed it!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Just passed the exam and seeing as I found all the other posts useful I'd thought I'd post my experiences.
Personally I found the exam tough I know a lot of people recently have said its not that bad but I found it much harder than the Sun exams.
Most of the questions were exhibit based and covered a lot of the scenarios from the mock exam, in fact at least half a dozen questions were identical to the mock questions. Most questions seemed to have more than one answer with one obviously right answer and two seemingly right answer. Topics that came up that I can remember were xsl:lists, what scenarios xsl:all can be used in, outputting xslt to several files, identifying leaf nodes, what defines well formed xml etc.
The Whizz Labs exam is absoloutely useless, I used witscale (a bit easy compared to the real thing) and the IBM mocks, generally though the IBM exam is the one to guage yourself on and make sure you know it inside out.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats Dave.

Author & Gold Digger
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Nice shot Dave

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Way to go Dave!
I wouldn't say the exam was easy either. But if one has an understanding of what technologies are for what purposes (SAX, DOM, XSLT, XSL:FO, DTD, and Schema), then that goes a long way towards answering the scenario questions.
Having a good understanding of element names, function names, interface names, event handlers, etc. will help with the detailed part of the exam.
Best regards,
Scott
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic