• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCDJWS or IBM XML Certification

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
What is an ideal way to go to get best out of certification

IBM XML certification and then SCDJWS or
Straigh SCDJWS ?

Please Guide me
Ashish

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ashish it's totally depends on you what you are looking forward in your career path..Web services includes more technologies like SOAP,UDDI,WSDL,JAXP,SAAJ,JAXB,Security..and few more and IBM XML only have XML.

so it's totally depends which road you want to take and which all technologies are getting used in your project on these days ?..

Let us know if you have specific question on web services certification.

Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
SCDJWS covers a lot more ground than IBM XML test. I took the IBM test about two years ago and it was of some help for the SCDJWS - I pretty much skimmed through the Schema, Namespaces, JAXP, Encryption etc. It depends entirely on what you want to gain from this certification. SCDJWS will help you persue career options in designing and developing WS. IBM XML Test will only make you an XML expert.

ashton patel
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Friends
Thanks for quick responses.
Is it possible to straight go for SCDJWS without knowing too much detail about XML.
What I mean is I am novice in XML, I have to learn all the technology anyway..
My aim is to become good at WebServices Developer, thats what I see coming up in my group in next 6 months.

Do you recommend going through IBM - XML certification path Learn XML thoroughly and then Go for SCDJWS of I can straight study for SCDJWS ?

Thanks Again
Ashish

james edwin
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My vote will be study some xml(XML SCHEMA specially) first and go directly for Web services certification.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
so what are the effects and benefits of having both SCDJWS and IBM XML Cert at the same time?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Interesting discussion. I passed my SCDJWS three months ago. I don't have IBM's XML dev. certification. My goal was to gain proficiency in the Web Services development as soon as possible since I work for a Web Services Tools vendor now. Therefore, it made sense for me to get going with SCDJWS as soon as possible. I got only 82% and did not do too well in the XML Schema section.
I am preparing now for the IBM XML Dev. certification since I am finding that a good knowledge of XML is required to be a good web services developer/consultant.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm preparing to SCDJWS exam for about 3 weeks. The reason why I decided to pass this exam is that I am actually involved in Web Services development in current project, and this technology was completely new for me. We use the IBM Webpshere products to implement web services, and the next goal will be the IBM test 288 �Web services development with WebSphere�.

While preparing to the SCDJWS exam I found that it is required to learn too many technologies at once, and may be one half of them are somehow related to XML. As for me, I would call this exam �XML and Web Services�, since there is no separate Sun exam for XML.

So, if you are really indented to pass some of IBM exams in future (and some of them will require IBM test for XML), than you definitely have to pass it before the SCDJWS � you will save time while heading to next exams in IBM exam map and meanwhile will be ready to pass Sun exam with less preparation, sincw you will already cover the SCDJWS exam objectives that relay to XML.
[ August 19, 2005: Message edited by: Slava Lovkiy ]

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

I have taken both IBM XML and IBM WebServices cert, I think it would help you when u take WebServices after taking XML cuz you would get some questions wherein you have to know XML.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
can any one tell me about the latest updates of IBM for JAXB support,i.e. they are supporting or not.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Take IBM XML cert. if you work on IBM products. If you just want to learn new tech. then you can take SCDJWS because it covers more.

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Nomita Gairola:
can any one tell me about the latest updates of IBM for JAXB support,i.e. they are supporting or not.

Traffic on the IBM Forum's suggests that Websphere 6.0 does not come with JAXB installed (as JAXB is optional under J2EE). As suggested in Using JAXB to Develop Enterprise Applications with WebSphere Studio Application Developer V5.1 you would need to get it from through the JWSDP.

However there currently may be an issue with JAXB and the IBM JVM
Problem with jaxb and IBM JRE

Inquire in the IBM/Websphere forum to find out if anybody can check if JAXB is included in Websphere.

What this has to do with this thread, I don't know.

You guys wanna see my fabulous new place? Or do you wanna look at this tiny ad?
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic