• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

patterns

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Folks,
Got a question on design patterns....
At what depth should I focus on design patterns - for the exam??? Are we required to recognize a pattern from the UML diagrams and know it's fine points (given in Eric gamma and et al ) or just know what it is and where it is applied?
Thanks in advance.
Sridhar

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
Know the intent of each pattern, it's consequences and scenarios where it can be used should be enough for the exam. I did'nt get and UML diagram to name the Design Pattern, though the SCEA objectives says so..
HIH,
Anil

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
From the exam point of view Design Patterns (java) by cooper will suffice. You need to know the names of all 23 GOF patterns according to classification and also you should know the little bit of each pattern's mechanism. In effect you should given a situation what pattern is best suited for that situation. According to Success guide by Sun you need to identify Patterns based on UML Diagrams. But in my exam i didnt find any questions with UML for Design Patterns. UML questions were generic to UML.
But its better you learn the patterns well so that its useful in day to day project work.
ok then.
regards
Narayanan
SCJP2, SCEA (Part 1)

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Would like to know are you talking about part-1 or part-2.Design pattern knowledge and its applicability in given scenarios are important for exam.Knowledge of GOF and Core j2ee patterns both are mandatory.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic