• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Part II and III Passed : 92%

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello everyone,

I just checked my score this morning and got the following results. What can be a better gift than this for the coming Chrismas.

Class Diagram (44 maximum) .......................... 41
Component Diagram (44 maximum) ...................... 39 Sequence/Colloboration Diagrams (12 maximum) ........ 12

I was expecting a score in the range 85-95 and really happy to see what I got. I have lost several marks in the component diagram because I din't spend much time in creating logical components. I just laid out all JSPs, Servlets, EJBs etc. It was correct, but the examinor was also looking for something more.
I did lose 3 marks in the class diagram. May be because I did mistakes in the links with the EIS tier.

Class Diagram
=============

I had 23 classes. Really high level, didn't include any attributes or operations. The Class diagram didn't include any JSPs, Servlets or entity beans. I had 3 session beans in the class diagram. I used aggregation, composition, dependency, generalization and association between the classes.

Component Diagram
=================
I had about 50 components. Really physical components, not logical.

Sequence Diagrams
=================
I had too many (13)sequence diagrams. I don't think it is necessary to have so many. But I started out the design that way, so didn't change the design and kept all 13 sequence diagrams. The sequence diagrams were large (3000 * 2800) and I included notes in all the sequence diagrams.

Documentation
=============
My documentation was also long. 24 pages. I had cleared highlighted the assumptions, the reason behind those assumptions and the impact of the assumptions. The documentation included tables showing all the components. I knew that such a large document is not required, but it helped me to verify the correctness and coherency of all the documents.

Total Preparation Time
=======================
I prepared 3 weekends of the part I and got 89% on Oct 18th. I submitted the Part II on 8th and appeared for the Part III on Nov 12th. I got the score on Dec 14th.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Sudhansu,
Congratulations!!!
Please update your signature, it still reads SCEA Part I.
Regards.
Bharat

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats Sudhansu ! Great score and, indeed, a very good christmas gift from Sun

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic