• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

need help on some arch diagrams

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I need some help with understanding what diagrams identified what section.
I have an idea but I wanted a confirmation from some of the Architect GURUs on the Ranch. Especially Ajith and Deepak if you can give some input that would be great.

4.Use-Case Realizations
Use cases for this system are documented in Use-Case Specifications.
The following sections are use-case realizations that illustrate how the software actually works.

4.1Use-Case Realization #1
[Describe each key use-case realization in your system. Use Rose diagrams if helpful. ]
( I understand this to be sequence diagrams similar to the SCEA assignment)
5.Design Elements
[Describe the overall decomposition of the design model in terms of its component model, package hierarchy and layers.
( I understand this to be the component diagram with all the subsystems)

5.1Component Model
[Visually (using UML) and texturally describe the design�s over-all component model. The component model should address how the design takes advantage of software component reuse (common component, assemblies and offerings) and plans for the creation of subsequent reusable software components.
5.2Component Subsystem #1
[For each significant component, include a subsection with its name, its brief description, and a diagram with all significant features, classes, and packages contained within the component. For each significant class in the package, include its name, brief description, and, optionally, a description of some of its major responsibilities, operations, and attributes.
( I understand this to be the business domain model class diagram )

6.Process View
[This section describes the system's decomposition into lightweight processes (single threads of control) and heavyweight processes (groupings of lightweight processes). Organize the section by groups of processes that communicate or interact. Describe the main modes of communication between processes, such as message passing, interrupts, and rendezvous.]
( I understand this to be the activity diagram )

7.Implementation Model
[Describe the overall structure of the implementation model.]
( I understand this to be the package dependency diagram )

7.1Layer/Subsystem #1
[For each layer, include a subsection with its name, an enumeration of the subsystems located in the layer, and a component diagram.]
( I understand this to be the Tier dependency diagram )

Please come forward and give me your valuable inputs and suggestion.

Thanks every one.
Dhiren

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Dhiren Joshi:
I need some help with understanding what diagrams identified what section.
I have an idea but I wanted a confirmation from some of the Architect GURUs on the Ranch. Especially Ajith and Deepak if you can give some input that would be great.

4.Use-Case Realizations
Use cases for this system are documented in Use-Case Specifications.
The following sections are use-case realizations that illustrate how the software actually works.

4.1Use-Case Realization #1
[Describe each key use-case realization in your system. Use Rose diagrams if helpful. ]
( I understand this to be sequence diagrams similar to the SCEA assignment)
5.Design Elements
[Describe the overall decomposition of the design model in terms of its component model, package hierarchy and layers.

5.1Component Model
[Visually (using UML) and texturally describe the design�s over-all component model. The component model should address how the design takes advantage of software component reuse (common component, assemblies and offerings) and plans for the creation of subsequent reusable software components.
5.2Component Subsystem #1
[For each significant component, include a subsection with its name, its brief description, and a diagram with all significant features, classes, and packages contained within the component. For each significant class in the package, include its name, brief description, and, optionally, a description of some of its major responsibilities, operations, and attributes.
( I understand this to be the business domain model class diagram )

6.Process View
[This section describes the system's decomposition into lightweight processes (single threads of control) and heavyweight processes (groupings of lightweight processes). Organize the section by groups of processes that communicate or interact. Describe the main modes of communication between processes, such as message passing, interrupts, and rendezvous.]
( I understand this to be the activity diagram )

7.Implementation Model
[Describe the overall structure of the implementation model.]
( I understand this to be the package dependency diagram )

7.1Layer/Subsystem #1
[For each layer, include a subsection with its name, an enumeration of the subsystems located in the layer, and a component diagram.]
( I understand this to be the Tier dependency diagram )

Please come forward and give me your valuable inputs and suggestion.

Thanks every one.
Dhiren

Dhiren,

This is a very big post.

Whats your requirement? I mean what is that you are looking for.

regards,
Deepak

Dhiren Joshi
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Deepak,
I am putting together an Arch doc following the RUP process. This is the template provided for the software arch doc for the company.
Its confusing becuase I dont know what artificats r required in the template and there isnt any one available to really give expert advice on the diagrams except for the template identified.
Using the template info, I came forward with some UML entites that can be represented.
Please help in confirming if those entities seem to fit with the description for that template.

Thanks
Dhiren

When I was younger I felt like a man trapped inside a woman’s body. Then I was born. My twin is a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic