• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

FFMS & TMS

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi! I have a questions...how do I can represents the FFMS and TMS on my component diagram?
The FFMS is a subsystem and I can represent it with a stereotyped package, but what about an external system (like TransMaster)?

Thanks in advance...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would represent them both the same way (as subsystems). This is how Cade-Roberts represent external systems in the example in their book.

Andrea Gazzarini
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
HI!I think the component diagram in the Cade's book is not full UML compliant.
What does it means the interface depends on the subsystems (IContentManagement ---> ContentManagement)? In together I can't draw a dependency between an interface and a <<subsystem> package.
If I must indicate that a subsystem supports an interface, I must draw it as a component and now I can drag a line (supports) between the subsystem and interface (the dependency direction is subsystem --> interface).
My question is : The diagrams on the Cade's book are designed with Together...how is possible?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

I would represent them both the same way (as subsystems). This is how Cade-Roberts represent external systems in the example in their book.

But still we need a component to interface with each of the systems. For these two components I am planning to give a paragraph that discuss their possible implementation, and how they are going to interface with FFMS and TMS.
What do you think guys?

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic