• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Collaboration/Sequence Diagrams

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

Do I need to draw Sequence/Collaboration diagrams for each alternative flow
in all the Use Cases?

For e.g. Prepare Itinerary.

Also, does the Sequence/Collaboration diagram represent the technical/internal runtime view of the system OR do we pictorially show the use-case description as provided in the use-case specifications.

If its the technical view, my Sequence diagram will be similar to (pseudo-names):

FlightSearchResults.JSP -> ApplicationController -> PrepareItineraryAction - > ItinerarySessionFacade -> ItineraryEntity -> etc...

If its the business view, my Sequence diagram will depict the following textual-description:

Customer enters departure city, departure time, departure date, destination city, return time, return date, and selects round-trip or one-way.

System responds with a list of departure flights and return flights.

Customer selects the departure flight and return flight.

System responds with the selected flight priced and alternative flights if less than selected and within one hour of departure and return times.

Customer selects flights.

System responds with seat availability for selected flights

Customer selects seats

System prices the itinerary and returns the itinerary confirmation window with selected flights

Customer confirms the itinerary

System sends the priced itinerary to Pay for Itinerary Use Case

Which one is it? My guess is its the first one (technical/runtime view). If any of experienced/certified folks can give some direction, I will be obliged!

Thanks a lot!
[ February 27, 2006: Message edited by: Akshay Shrivastava ]

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic