• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

When SCEA 5 will be available?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Dears,
I'm preparing for SCEA, the current available version is 1.3, does anyone know when the exam for version 5 will be available, and when 1.3 will be expired?

The problem from my point is the difference between EJB for 1.3 & current EJB for version 5 in multiple choice exam, as I knew if I used EJB 5 in the assignment ==> no problem while evaluating.

Apprciate your feedback

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Really should search here in the forum before asking questions like this, but...

First, the current exam is based on EJB 1.1 and J2EE 1.2, rather than version 1.3. (And the EJB version that corresponds to Java EE 5 is EJB 3.) But that aside - the answer is, none of us know when they're going to actually put out an updated exam. The FAQ for SCEA here at the Ranch mentions the last time they were discussing an upgrade, a version ago. There was, more recently, a post looking for experts as they start the process of updating the exam to Java EE 5, but nothing since then.

As for versioning, only Part I deals with a specific specification. You can use any generally released Java EE stack (including 5) for Part II, per the instructions from Sun.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Remember this is an exam on architecture and not on a particular version of EJB. Having said that , it is true that the questions are limited to EJB 1.1.

However a majority of the section will remain unchanged even after the exams EJB sections are updated.

For example the section on UML , design patterns , i18n , legacy systems , messaging etc will remain unchanged even after an update , since they are not tied to EJB .

Go ahead and take the exam.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic