• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

discontinuation mess, Sun China, exam pt2... any ideas?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Can anyone decipher the discontinuation mess and help me...

I have just yesterday paid my 3,000RMB/200 pounds into Sun Shanghai's bank account to buy part 1 and 3 of the (old) architects exam, unfortunatley for me Sun Microsystems Shanghai were very helpful in giving me their bank details but did not see fit to tell the exam was discontinued. TA MA DE! I only realised this today when I logged into Javaranch.

So do I have to actually have to SIT and PASS part 1 before I can buy part 2 voucher? The actual real process of buying part 2 seems a mystery to me.

If so, then as it takes Sun Shanghai at least one week to email the voucher, then how can I sit, hopefully pass, have certmanager updated (takes around 2-3 days I think) then buy my part 2 voucher all before 29th?

What can I do???

The only way I can see is if Sun will let me buy a part 2 voucher after 29th, or let me buy one before 29th but without yet having passed part 1.
[ February 17, 2008: Message edited by: John Summers ]

Sheriff
Firefox Browser VI Editor Redhat
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
John,
Welcome to JavaRanch!

In an effort to help everyone get the most from our forums, we've compiled a
list of tips for asking questions here. You can find the list in our
FAQ section here.
In particular please see: UseAMeaningfulSubjectLine

"I'm screwed", while colorful, does nothing to describe the nature of your question. You can change your subject line by clicking on the icon in the top post of this forum.

Again, welcome to JavaRanch and good luck with your question.
-Ben

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello there.

At least here in Brazil you don't have to wait until you pass part I to buy the voucher for part II. As a matter of fact, all voucher are the same. It doesnt matter which one you use. So as far as prometric is concerned, the voucher you bought for part III may as well be used for part II. (This is how it works here in Brazil).

The thing is that a voucher can be tipically used for any 310(preffix) exam. I was having problems with this "discontinuantion" mess as well, as I probably would not be able to buy vouchers for part II and III before feb 29th (I already passed part I).

But I emailed Sun and they admitted they had no way of knowing which exam you buyyour voucher for, that means: Nothing stops me from buying a voucher for SCJP exam after feb 29th, and then schedulling in prometric SCEA part III, as long as I do it before december 31th, of course.

Anyway, you better contact Sun China and ask them

Best regards,
Rodrigo Uchoa.

John Summers
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
An update... for anyone in the same situation.

Sun China have said that I can buy the voucher for exam 2 now, even without passing exam 1, but must buy it by the deadline.

Problem solved.

Let's go to the waterfront with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic