• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Whizlabs Vs Ethnuware

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
Which test simulator is better for SCMAD preparation: Whizlabs or Enthuware JMADPlus? Can people share their feedback on these simulators?
Thnks,
avi

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

You might also consider http://j2mecertificate.com .

Sample user experience feedback is available here at Javaranch:

https://coderanch.com/forums/

"I bought the www.j2mecertificate.com exam pack which I think is superb. So many exam type questions."

and here

https://coderanch.com/t/140398/sr/certification/Passed-SCMAD

"A week before taking the exam, I studied using the exam simulator from J2ME Certificate (http://www.j2mecertificate.com/). I found a few errors in some questions, mainly typos, but I always got a promptly feedback when reporting any problems or questions. I definitely recommend this resource for anyone taking this exam. It really made a difference for me."

Regards
[ March 09, 2007: Message edited by: Eduardo Marques ]

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Having used WhizLab's products (including the SCMAD), I have to say that generally, they're pretty good. I have no complaints about them on a grand scale as the program itself is concerned, and felt that the exams included did fairly accurately represent the kinds of questions I got on the real test.

On the negative side, I've also rarely received as bad customer service from a company as I did from them (at one point, I'd lost my registration codes, and they were less than helpful in getting me back up and running - thankfully, I found the codes in question myself), so that might balance out things if you need any support from them.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Theodore for your acknowledgement about our product!

I apologize for the experience you had with our Customer Service. Honestly speaking, reading your comments is highly suprising and disappointing (that we could not serve you timely) for me. Why I am saying that is because at Whizlabs, CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is one of the highest priorties for the management. It is so important for us that we 3, the co-founders personally speak to our customers on regular basis to understand their concerns. One of the intentions of my own participation at JR is the same.

Neverthless, I have asked my CRM team to find you what happened in your case. They will contact you (through Personal Message on JR) if not already done. I will appreciate if you could provide them the required details so that we can take appropriate actions in the future.

Also, feel free to write to me directly at p.chopra@whizlabs.com for any concerns about our product or service. I will be more than happy to hear from Java Ranchers.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience caused and assure you that we will take approprirate actions based on your inputs.

Best wishes,
Pradeep

Theodore Casser
Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I tried to respond by private message, but it seems your box is full. And as I made my statement publicly, and you were kind enough to respond, I'll also respond.

I don't remember, offhand, when I attempted to contact customer support - it likely would have been January or February of '06 (only an assumption based on the fact that I passed the exam in March). I'm fairly certain it was through my hotmail account, though I did take pains to identify other possible addresses I had registered from. (My software was from winning a drawing on here, which I also mentioned at the time.) The only response I had gotten back was that I could not be helped if I didn't have the original information from when I'd registered... which was why I was emailing in the first place. I was trying to transfer the app to my laptop to take on a business trip for review before the exam.

As I said, it's not really so important now, since I did eventually find the information on an old hard drive. It's something you need to consider, though, that you're going to occasionally get those kinds of requests and need to service them better.

Pradeep Chopra
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Theodore for your response. I've passed your feedback to my CRM team and we will surely take care of any such issues in the future.

I didn't know about 60 messages limit of Private Inbox. I just deleted the old messages.

Best wishes,
Pradeep Chopra

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Of course, Enthuware's

I believe avi aro was asking for customers' opinions on the products. So I will just keep quiet on this. I am not sure Sathya has seen this thread.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
As you all are aware, I used the JMad+, J2MECertificate.com and whizlabs simulators for the SCMAD preparations. The point I want to make here is that, SCMAD is totally different than SCJP. SCMAD is all about the specifications. So the number of questions/patterns are very limited compared to SCJP. Because of this, all the three products have got the questions very much similar to the exam. Tell you frankly, certain questions are repeated in the exam, ex: minimum memory requirement of CLDC 1.1. These types of questions are there in all the 3 simulators. So I guess it is up to you to decide, I am pretty sure, what ever the product you buy, that it will not let you down. I hope this helps you.

Good luck!

There's a way to do it better - find it. -Edison. A better tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic