• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

HF EJB- A Correction suggested

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Though this may not be very important but still I just want to point out a small mistake in HF EJB. On page 482 ( Chapter 9--Transactions) the second diagram ( on the bottom ) contains the text "Transactions are suspended when they get to a BMP bean", while I think they originally meant "BMT" instead of "BMP" in this senetnce.

Cowgirl and Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Howdy,
Yep, you're right... it's BMT, not BMP.
I'm going to ask y'all again to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send errata to me directly, even if you post it here as well. We won't always see every message here, and you're finding really important things that we can get into the second printing of the book (so the others won't have to be as brave as you... of course they won't have as much of a 'learning experience' either
The best place to send them is:
kathy@wickedlysmart.com
And that's my best chance for getting it fixed. (You can also post to the O'Reilly errata page... they will send those to me)
Also, you do know that if you find a *good* one, and you're the first to find it, you'll be listed in the acknowledgements page as a 'Brave Early Adopter' with the next printing
But you have to write to us directly, and we'll ask for the way you want your name in the book. If you've already posted errata here, please still write to me, even if I've already acknowledged the errata.
cheers,
Kathy Sierra

(And hey, if any of you sharp-eyed readers want to be on the review team for the cert study guides we're doing for the SCWCD or the Mobile Application Developer exam (coming in spring 2004), let me know that too. You'll get access to the chapters as we do them.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Will our names also enter the books as members of the review team?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
for pointing out spelling mistakes
I doubt

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Kathy Sierra:
(And hey, if any of you sharp-eyed readers want to be on the review team for the cert study guides we're doing for the SCWCD or the Mobile Application Developer exam (coming in spring 2004), let me know that too. You'll get access to the chapters as we do them.

Nice proposal, Kathy,

I'd like to participate.
Going to upgrade my current SCWCD.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic