• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

a show of appreciation

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,
I just want to take a moment to thank all those that have been gracious enough to take the time to reply to my NUMEROUS questions, especially Kathy. I plan on taking the exam next week and as a result of your help I am confident that I will easily pass. Preparing for this exam has been a much richer experience because of this forum. When preparing for a test a study for understanding and not to the test per se. If you understand something, rather than memorize it, your exam scores will reflect that.
It's a shame I didn't make use of JavaRanch when preparing for my other two certs. I will definitely make use of it when I take the SCJD.
Thanks again.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
All the best for you Keith )
- Jayant

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Best luck Keith !

Cowgirl and Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Keith -- you asked the questions that nobody else wanted to ask and in fact you asked a lot of questions that I hadn't even though about, but they were all good questions!
So, I think we have a lot to appreciate in the relentless questions you've been asking, and your determination to get answers in every place where the spec (and the book) were vague or misleading.
I think you're going to do just fine on the exam. I hope you stick around here after you've passed
cheers and good luck!!
-Kathy

Keith Rosenfield
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey Kathy,
It is my inquisitive nature that drives me. I always thirst for a better understanding. I give you a great deal of credit in answering my call. By answering my questions promptly and in such detail, you have shown a lot of class.
I will definitly not be a stranger after I pass the test. I would like to help others the way that I have been helped.
Thanks again.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic