• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

got 45/69 in final HF Mock Test ..pretty low

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey friends

TOday i got 45/69 in hte HF S final mock test..anbd am about to take real exam on monday..am opretty pretty pretty scared to death..willl i actually pas the real exam..how many marks

although i have zeroed in on the topics whihc am lacking but the final mock saw me lacking in almost every dept..have to analyze it although..
i know its pretty difficult relative to the real test but still its a bad bad score..
polease advice what to do..any words of encouragement

waiting from the experts ive just got 24 hours left

Gaurav

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
gaurav, am not an expert for sure.....soo i hope u dont mind few words from me....
i too got a low score like you....soo postponed like u did....now having second thoughts may b i should have gone for it....if u have no other deadlines and if you r sure u can concentrate on this alone postpone for a week and go throuh hfs again that will give you good boostup....and may b help you in getting good score...but if u have other dead lines dont postpone....cause keeping in touch with the subject becomes too hard.....am going through it soo.....neways all the best

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Gaurav,

Here are a couple of data points:

- Sun's SCWCD passing rate is 43/69.
- Our mock is a bit harder for most people, partly because we don't tell you how many answers are correct - the real exam ALWAYS tells you how many answers are correct. (We're still getting a feel for how much harder the final mock is, but my initial gut reaction is it's 5 to 10 points harder than the real exam.)

So, are you going for a "great score", or are you just trying to pass?

If you just want to pass, I'd say you *probably* would right now, if you want to know how to do your last minute studies, I'd say:

- stop studying 12-18 hours before the exam - relax, rest, and hydrate.

- I personally would pick only one or two areas to focus my last minutes studies on. For instance, if you didn't do well on EL - really focus on EL, as opposed to trying to skim across ALL the topics one more time...

-- The one exception to the *not skimming* idea might be the design patterns. Because they are tested at a high, conceptual level, a quick review might really pay off.

HTH,

Bert

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The real exam is little more easier. So you should go for this. If you are not really striving for a great score, you may go ahead.

Post us the score.

All the Best!!!

Gaurav Bhatnagar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Friends

Thanks for the words of encouragement.I've bought Bert's advice of skimming through few topics in which i lack..in my case EL Filters and Custom Tags,
I analyzed the mistakes i did in hte mock test and found out that i didnt read the questions well or didnt have the information about it else i could have got some 52-3 score.

Whole last night i read again through the topics which i seriously lacked and i guess am not that bad.

Anyways..Thanks Pallavi,i know u have the best intentions,but i have been preparing for 1 month now and dont want to linger on with it..

This happened also in my SCBCD exam and althoght i gave the exam 1 week later still i think 1 week was more for it.

Thanks everyone ...Its now less than 18 hours to go for the exam..and am feeling Fine

Hoping to post a good score on the Result Section here..

cheers and tahnsk again!!

Gaurav B

pallavi utukuri
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
all the best gaurav........good decision....as for me i have to wait another 60 days to give the exam.....or will not get through semister exams.....soo long way

Gaurav Bhatnagar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey Friends

Passed the exam...score not good enuf to tell but thanks a TON for your help and advices..
still SCWCD 1.4
cheers

Gaurav
SCJP 2,SCWCD 1.4,SCBCD 1.3
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic