• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

live update of gui?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
The FBN requirements state:
"It is not necessary to provide for live updates on multiple clients when new bookings are made at other clients."
I'm considering doing this as I've already implemented it in another project. Does anyone have any feedback on the relative merits regarding the grading of the project?
Have those who got high scores done/not done this?
Thanks,
Debra Bellmaine

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It is not required. Even if you do ,you are not going to get any grace marks.Now the ball is in your court.

Sam

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Debra,
I personally think that is a great idea; but, though I like it and you seem to like it too, if you decide to do it, I doubt that it would affect your score in a positive way.
From what I can gather, the evaluation is based upon correctness of the design, consistency of the approach, and simplicity: of course, it must also work and fulfill the specified requirements.
Additional fuctionality is a grey area...but, remember that the program must not be too complicated due to the requirement that junior programmers will be maintaining it.
Another grey area, junior programmers can be quite talented...
So, I guess if server push is not too complex, and your design is built with this in mind, it probably will not hurt; but, if you are doing it to get a higher score, I think your time would be waisted.
my $.02 worth...
-Richard

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you're going for a high score, don't do it, it can only hurt you. If you just want to learn about notification, maybe just make a copy and then play with it on your own....
Observer/Obserable structure is fairly easy to pull off and it's a great thing to know otherwise...

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic