• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

structure of certification program

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
client --- GUI , Model(Interface) , View(Interface) , Controller(Interface) , ModelImpl , ViewImpl , ControllerImpl , LocalDataOperation(access data from suncertify.db.Data . )

network --- RMIClient , RMIServer , RemoteInterface

server ---- Server

suncertify.db --- Data (implements DBMain) ,
DBMain(get from sun) , DBHeader(database header information) , FieldInfo (imformation of field) , Record , RecordLock
,RecordNotFoundException , DuplicateKeyException .

sun requests that the program should be 3 key parts (client,server,network). I don't know if my program structure meats the request , and is there any problem with my packages and classes?
Wait for your opinion . Yours David . Thank you .

[ September 05, 2005: Message edited by: David George ]
[ September 05, 2005: Message edited by: David George ]

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi David,

If I am reading this correctly, you have a LocalDataOperation class in the client package, but the equivalent RMI class (RMIClient?) is in the network package.

Personally I think this might be a bit confusing for somebody trying to maintain this code. In my mind, either these two classes should both be in the client package, or the LocalDataOperation class should be in the db package.

It also looks like you have used the provided "suncertify.db" package, but then started your own namespace with the "client" package. I think it would be better to keep the same top level namespace throughout - that is, "suncertify.client" package.

Regards, Andrew

Getting married means "We're in love, so let's tell the police!" - and invite this tiny ad to the wedding:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic