• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Cleared SCJP

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,
Please accept my zillion thanks for the excellent site that you have made and are maintaing and also to those who participate in the discussion forums.
Your kind words of advice definately go a long way in encouraging and formulation of concepts.
Well, I have cleared it by 85% and owe atleast 10-15% to java ranch.
I had referred only the "Complete Java 2 Certification" by SRM and the "Exam Cram 2" by Bill Brogden. In my view some topics like, the java.util classes covered in SRM is very-very condensed and one should have an thorough over-view from BB .Moreover there are not enough questions in SRM which BB fulfills.I had gone through the SRM atleast 4/5 times and BB twice.
I would also like to share some thoughts about these type of certification exams over here. Although, I have moved closer to being a Java Developer (I was not having any previous OO experence) I feel that certification is tool of setting targets and deadlines from programmer/developer prospective,it however remains a lucrative business for the companies that impart it(I am not only talking for Java only...but any kind of certification). Even though I am certified, I cannot stand in competetion with a person who is not certified but has hands on experience of 'n' years. I considered this as a tool which provoked me to start from scratch and get to know an overview of Java in a fixed span of time( around 2/3 months).Maybe, incase I was already working on Java (I am basically an Oracle Developer - Backend/Frontend), I would not have taken the certification.
Once again, I take the please of saying thanks to all of you.
Apurb

Anonymous
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Incase you may be wondering about "SRM" - its the RHE book which is generally talked about.
Apurb

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations and all the best
Herbert

Anonymous
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful