• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Sun exam freebie

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
It occurred to me that the following experience might be useful to some in this forum.
When I took the exam (and flunked) a month ago, Sun had
just released the new version and I complained to them, via
email, about two problems with the exam. I was very delighted
to get this terse reply; "In order to hava strong chance at passing this exam. You must have experience with writing codes and programming." Brilliant, huh??
The good part, was that she attached a free voucher to retake the exam Very generous of Sun.
Hopefully Sun has corrected the problems as I'll be giving the exam another shot on Friday. The issues were; a reference to line 24 in a code sample, which was a blank line, and the fact that they did the survey at the beginning of the exam, WITH THE CLOCK RUNNING! When I reported the problems I admitted that I would have flunked anyway, so this little surprise helped to heal my pain.
I never see any posts here from people who fail the exam. To this silent minority; "keep a stiff upper lip, and get back at it".
Many thanks to the VERY nice and sweet people who post here. I've never seen such a nurturing group of people. I suppose it's not politically-correct to say this but... I partly attribute it to the large number of Indian nationals who participate here. As a consultant, I've worked "shoulder to shoulder" with many Indians and, generally as a group, they are a very fine lot.

------------------

Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Free voucher?? Hmm... good for you!
A few people do come back here and announce they failed, and the others simply suffer the failure. Whatever may be the reason for failure, SCJP is not one of the easy certification exams out there. I belive with the new format, it is very essential for the candidate to have hands-on programming exposure. Not necessarily on the job experience, but one should have written a lot of programs before going to the exam. Notes might not help much, except that it might give you some kind of last minute "punch-list".
Well, I wish you good luck with your (free ) exam. Let there be no ambiguities, no questions without right answers, no noisy co-test-takers( it happened to me ), and may you get some questions from your previous real test
Bes wishes,
Ajith

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey thats great I also flunked coz i didnot worite too many programs before the exam but i didnot have the goodluck of receiving a free voucher from Sun Anyway goodluck for your second stint with the Exam.
Regards,
Shankar.

Make yourself as serene as a flower, as a tree. And on wednesdays, as serene as this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic