• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

problems displaying stats using jamon admin

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I'm unable to display monitors and stats in jamon admin for a small tester web application running on Tomcat 5.5. I'm using jamon-2.7 in my web app as well as for Tomcat (added to the common/lib folder). All I can see in jamonadmin.jsp are the default "com.fdsapi.xxx" that seems to be shipped with the war file.

I've added a one line statement to one of my methods

and when I run my webapp I do see the stats being displayed in the tomcat log. However, nothing appear in jamonadmin.jsp. I do use Log4j (v1.2.9) and for the time being I've set the log4j.rootLogger = TRACE in my log4j.property file. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

ps. Initially I tried to use the filter in web.xml but when that didn't work I tried to use the example above.

Thanks
S

Sven Anderson
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Guys,

I fixed the problem. Noticed that I was using multiple jamon jars. Taking one out solved my problems.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The most typical problem i seen in jamon configuration is multiple jamon jar files in the classpath. The jamon war that displays the data is different from your application, and so jamon jar must be loaded via a common class loader. This means you should have jamon jar at the server level versus in your applications web-inf/lib folder.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic