• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Unable to find .tld

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,
Please help me in solving this problem.
While running a JSF application it shows this error.

The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsf/demo/components cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

Any one please solve this problem.Becouse of some security purpose I am unable to download .zip file, So, if you want to help me through some jar file's then bundle it and save it as jar .

Thanx in Advance.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
That URL doesn't work. It's not your network that's at fault, Sun doesn't have anything there.

The most common reason why an IT administration would forbid downloading of ZIP files is because sometimes viruses try and sneak in that way. However, a JAR wouldn't help inless they're only looking at the filename itself, since a JAR file is just a ZIP file with a different extension and a manifest file inside. In both cases, the first 2 bytes will be an ASCII "PK", which is sufficient to alert a virus scanner.

It sound like you are operating in a fairly constrained environment. I recommend you make friends with someone in your shop who has the ability to get around those restrictions. You can also also try to convince them to give you the necessary rights to get the job done yourself, but it doesn't hurt to have somebody who's willing to help you.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic