• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Book: Creating Components?

Ranch Hand
Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I realize the book expect a certain level of JSF and Ajax knowledge and I've read some of the Q&A's regarding this. One thing I noticed that wasn't touched on was whether or not the book assumes knowledge of creating custom components. I have both JSF In Action and Core JSF, niether of which do a very good job covering creating custom components.

My question is does your book cover this key concept in any length from a grounds up perspective and if not, could you recommend a book that does.

Thanks.

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The book does not require prior knowledge about writing components. But, it is recommended that you are familiar with JSF and its concepts, plus knowledge about Ajax and, of course, Java/JSP.

The first 3 chapters will introduce you to JSF and writing JSF components. Chapter 4 introduces the client side technologies you are about to use to add richness.
Chapter 5-10 is a deep dive into JSF land to make the components you created in chapter 2-3 much richer.

- Jonas

Gregg Bolinger
Ranch Hand
Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Great. Thanks Jonas.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic