• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Authirization Filter Problem

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

I have a problem with filter that is

A single HTTP session is used for browsers that support multiple tabs firefox. This causes a problem when different views of a single JSF application are accessed from different browser tabs. In short this is causing or seems to be causing problems for me. How can I write a JSF application to be �tab� independent?

I thought about using a tab or �browser instance� hidden field within each form. Each time a request was received a filter would check for the special hidden field. If present, the hidden field would be used together with the session id to form a unique composite key used to access the session data. If not present a new value would be created to store the session data. I think that there are many other problems (redirect, links, etc) that I would have to also deal with� It also seems like a recipe for disaster.

I would like to hear how others have solved this problem... That is, multiple browser instances (via tabs) that share the same session id and access the same JSF application.

Thanks in advance

venkat

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I've tried using AJAX with JSF, and also with JSF 1.0 since I'm stuck with it .. its standard where i'm working

I've ended up adding a filter to synchronize session requests, as concurrent 'ajax' requests (or any concurrent http requests) caused problems with the jsf implemenation updating the component tree

hope that helps

venkata swamymora
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for you reply

Can you please paste the code here to overcome this problem

venkat

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What kinds of problems is it causing? Offhand, I'd say that a well-written web app should have no problems serving several different pages to the same user. Is this something like a wizard, where several subsequent pages depend on one another?

venkata swamymora
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi

Thanks for your reply

My problem is

I opened one browser(Mozilla) and run my application.Copy the URL from address bar and opened another browser(Mozilla) paste the copied URl in this browser.It is showing that page what i opened in first browser.

I want to restrict this one.If i paste that URL i want to redirect to login page. For this iam written one filter it is working fine for IE.But not for Mozilla

So how can i do this.Give me a solution for this please

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic