• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Table in a List Box

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, I am new to JSF technology. I have a doubt. The following are the details.

Doubt: How to implement a tabular structure in a list box. I should be able to select the entire row like selecting an item in a list box.

My Requirement: In the left side there is a list box and two pull down lists and a add button. A row (with three elements) should be added to the table which is in the list box after selecting an item in the listbox, and in the two pull down lists and by clicking on Add button. After adding one or more rows in the list box, I should be able to select a row in the table like in list box.

Can any one please tell me whether this is possible or not. Are there any alternatives for this. Please help me.
Thank you.

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Why not extend the JSF Table into a custome component with chckboxes on the left to select and unselect rows.

Nanda Kishore Akkala
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Arul,

As per our client requirement, the requirement should be as follows.

My Requirement: In the left side there is a list box and two pull down lists and a add button. A row (with three elements) should be added to the table which is in the list box after selecting an item in the listbox, and in the two pull down lists and by clicking on Add button. After adding one or more rows in the list box, I should be able to select a row in the table like in list box (The behaviour should be like List Box).

Can you please tell me whether this is possible or not...
Can we achieve this using custom components?
Please suggest me.

Thank you.

Nanda Kishore Akkala
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Can any one give suggestion regarding using a table in a list box. Or if there are any alternatives, please tell me. Thank you.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
No such component exist in a standard JSF implementation and other component libraries which I am aware of. Such an element does also not exist in standard HTML. You however can create/simulate a tabular listbox using DHTML (HTML with some Javascript which alters the HTML DOM).

First, start off with writing such a thing using DHTML. Once you got it working, then write a custom UIInput (UISelectOne? UISelectMany?) component which contains the core logic behind the component, a custom UIComponentELTag (or UIComponentTag if you're using JSF 1.1 or older) which backs the tag element and a custom Renderer which renders the desired DHTML to the response. Finally define it all in your custom TLD file so that you can use it as a new JSF taglib in your JSP file.
[ August 24, 2008: Message edited by: Bauke Scholtz ]

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic