• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

multiple web service styles in one application

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
Can a web service application (*.ear) comprise of 2 web services, one of RPC-style and and the other of Messaging Style.
I want to write one web service that receives and XML string and the other web service receiving a file (bulk processing). Can I define the first web service to be RPC-style and write a stateless session bean? Can I define the second web service to Messaging style and write a message driven bean?
Thanks,
Sangeeta

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Sangeeta, and welcome to the 'ranch!
First of all, I'd like to ask you to edit your display name since it's not compliant with our naming policy without a last name.

Can a web service application (*.ear) comprise of 2 web services, one of RPC-style and and the other of Messaging Style.

Yes, an .ear can include a number of different web services.

I want to write one web service that receives and XML string and the other web service receiving a file (bulk processing). Can I define the first web service to be RPC-style and write a stateless session bean? Can I define the second web service to Messaging style and write a message driven bean?

Which application server are you using? Are you using the application server's built-in web services engine or something you deploy along with your .ear (i.e. Apache Axis)?

Sangeeta Mahajan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am using the services of the application server is weblogic 6.
Thanks,
Sangeeta Mahajan

Lasse Koskela
author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
As far as I know, WebLogic (not 6.x, not 7.x, and not 8.x) doesn't support MDBs as web service endpoints so you might need to implement the web service as a regular class and have that class forward the incoming messages to a JMS queue yourself.

Catch Ernie! Catch the egg! And catch this tiny ad too:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic