• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Tomcat and C++Axis

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi there,
I would like to do some prototyping to expose some of my java codes as web services and write C++ code as client to access it. I download tomcat 5512 and axis C++. I don't know how to put these two together to run a sample code. Is anyone has done it or can show me a simple way to run? Thanks a lot

John

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
AxisC++ is a SOAP engine written in C/C++ that runs inside Apache; it's not going to help you expose Java code - you need the Java version of Axis. Once you have a web service running, you can use the WSDL2Ws tool (which is part io AxisC++) to generate client classes in C/C++.

You can find links on how get started using Axis/Java in the Web Services FAQ, which is linked in my signature.
[ October 28, 2005: Message edited by: Ulf Dittmer ]

John McDonald
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Ulf,
I downloaded the tomcat and axis for java version to expose Java. But how do I write the C++ code to access to those java service. The reason of my confusion is that Axis has Client and Server. And they come in Java and C++ version. If I download tomcat and Axis (java version), let say this is done smoothly for the sake of simplicity, do I need to download Axis (C++ version) since I need to run some C++ sample code? Thank you very much for your nice response.

John

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
John, I'm not all that familiar with AxisC++, but it helps create the C/C++ classes you need on the client side (the tool I mentioned earlier), and I would imagine that the generated client classes also rely on some runtime classes that it provides.

If you already have client code through some other means, you wouldn't need it.

And you don't need its server parts at all, but there is only a single download that packages client and server parts together.

The first person to drink cow's milk. That started off as a dare from this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic