• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Internal server error in web service

Greenhorn
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
I am getting the below exception when I tried to call a web service:

I am using SAAJ API for calling the web service. when I tried tracing it using TCPMon I get the below response:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Draft//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Error 500--Internal Server Error</TITLE><META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="WebLogic Server"></HEAD><BODY bgcolor="white"><FONT FACE=Helvetica><BR CLEAR=all><TABLE border=0 cellspacing=5><TR><TD><BR CLEAR=all><FONT FACE="Helvetica" COLOR="black" SIZE="3"><H2>Error 500--Internal Server Error</H2></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE border=0 width=100% cellpadding=10><TR><TD VALIGN=top WIDTH=100% BGCOLOR=white><FONT FACE="Courier New"><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H3>From RFC 2068 <i>Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1</i>:</H3></FONT><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H4>10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error</H4></FONT><P><FONT FACE="Courier New">The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.</FONT></P></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE></BODY></HTML>

I dont know why this error occurs suddenly because I was able to get the response perfectly some days ago. can any one suggest any reason for this error or atleast let me know where I can find the detailed logs for the above error.
Thanks in advance,
Vignesh

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This should help ou out..

http://java.sun.com/developer/EJTechTips/2005/tt0425.html

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Have you got the resolution. I am also facing the same issue.

Thanks.

Author and all-around good cowpoke
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Note that the original conversation was in 2006 - please dont wake the zombies.

You should go to the trouble of starting a new conversation, giving the details specific to your exact problem. If you are indeed getting a client side error complaining about the type of the reply, probably your request was not properly addressed and the SOAP service was not reached.

Bill

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic