• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Friday...

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Friday is the big day for me.
I've been working since September, started reading K&B and I must say I've learned a lot already. Hope it is enough for the exam. I think my wife is also already waiting until it stops and we 'll have some time again to do something together; right now my life is working, coming home, eating studying, (someone had to use that emoticon) and its been like this for a while already. Guess you guys know what I'm talking about. I must say I am surprised how hard it is to stay focused and do something when you get home from work (doing mostly C, C++ at work). There are a lot of unproductive evenings also, of almost falling asleep behind the book or staring at the screen or book without reading. Anyway the end is near.
I took the week of to study, starting this afternoon (still had to work this morning) and I decided to make my first K&B exam. I ended with about 35 minutes left and I scored 653/1000 which is not much, but enough.
I was surprised to see the mistakes I made, they were not all knowledge based (mostly not) but more stuff I just didn't notice. Like a method being called from a static context, one you should think should be spotted in a nanosecond.. guess not And a lot of 'doesn't compile' stuff.
I do think it is a shame one should be tested 'like this' because some luck is involved in seeing that missing import or noticing the missing ; but I guess thats life and I hope Caissa is by my side Friday.
I'm not going for the monster score, just 60% will do
4 days and counting...

Best regards,
Mark

Ranch Hand
Mac PPC Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Good Luck Mark. You will do it.

Why does your bag say "bombs"? The reason I ask is that my bag says "tiny ads" and it has stuff like this:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic