• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Followup on 2 Java developers - Connecticut

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
In a message in the "Jobs Offered" board, I stated that I had been given a runaround by a potential client in Connecticut. Sriraj Rajaram implied that he had never received my resume and wrote, "I would suggest that you kindly verify the facts before you make such unkind remarks." As a matter of defending my professional integrity, I must state those facts at more length than I would otherwise do.
I sent an email to the indicated address in response to the post. Shortly after this, I got an email from Steve Buonincontri of the Website Builders in Orange, CT, asking for a chance to talk with me on the phone. It was definitely the same contract, or at least he was trying to make it appear that way; he wrote, "Sriraj sent me your resume." Various details matched, and I assume the difference between Orange and New Haven was just a matter of naming a recognizable city in the area.
I was able to reach Buonincontri briefly, and he promised to call me back for a longer discussion. He kept putting this call off repeatedly. However, we exchanged some email during this period concerning Java technical issues, so it appeared that he was still interested. Finally, I sent an email to Buonincontri suggesting that it might work better if I came to his office. He asked how long a trip that was, and I replied. I haven't heard anything from him since.
This set of circumstances is oddly at odds with Rajaram's report that he couldn't even remember seeing my resume, particularly as his post says, "I probably did not select yours [resume] because of logistics or skill set," implying that he was in control of the selection process. I am wondering if Buonincontri was doing something he wasn't authorized to do.
In any case, the facts are entirely as I represented them, with the additional detail provided here. I don't want anyone thinking I would make false statements to the detriment of people posting job offers. Normally I would not go into this much detail on a contract negotiation, since dirty laundry is best kept in the basket. But it looks very much as if someone not on this board acted in bad faith with two people on this board.

Ugly Redneck
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Gary,
I apologize. The fault was mine in not recognizing the name of a responder whose resume I had selected. Neverthless I was recruiting for Steve's company and I guess I had sent your resume. It was such a long time back and I had received literally over a hundred resumes. I sent Steve about 25 of those.
I'm sorry for not recognizing your name, and I guess the runaround you experienced was due to the fact that Steve business was a one man show until recently.
Further details in a PM

Gary McGath
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the clarification. It really sounded to me as if he had somehow gotten the resume behind your back. Dealing with someone who's confused and disorganized is annoying (I've been the C&D party myself at times), but I'm glad to hear nothing dishonest was going on.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic