• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Job Interview Programming Test

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All
I don't know if anyone can help me out here, but I have got a job interview on Tuesday which involves sitting a programming test. Normally I would be fairly comfortable with this, as I would expect questions on Java, SQL, Unix, etc. However this test is different, see comments from recruiter below:
"The Interview will be approximately 2 hours and will involve a 1.5 hour technical test; the test is a programming aptitude test, it is designed to see how quickly candidates can pick up new technologies. It presents them with a pseudo code language which they are required to learn and answer questions on. It is not something that people can revise for I'm afraid."
Anyone out there sat a test like this? Any ideas on the sort of questions that may be asked, or any sample programming aptitude tests that they know of?
Hopefully I have nothing to panic about, I�m fairly comfortable with my skills; it�s just that if I can do some preparation (to remove cobwebs from brain) I'd be a bit happier!
Many Thanks
Jamie

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have appeared for 2/3 times for these type of tests.Generally they involve some pseudocode involving 'Producer consumer problem'/Race condition/Barber problem(I m not sure but that was by Dijsktra)'some code invoving sorting/searching.They might give some code involving some sorting method and ask you to fill 1/2 line in between.
Generally going through some OS/Datastructure book is helpful.
[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: Capablanca Kepler ]

Jamie Orme
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Anyone else experienced a test like this? Anyone else got any ideas?
Many Thanks
Jamie

There were millions of the little blood suckers. But thanks to this tiny ad, I wasn't bitten once.
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic