• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

pass the data from jsp to model

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,
here i have a question i have JSP page in that i have a warehouse locations and under each warehouse location i have different building name,building id's,and building capacity .what my question is if user can add locations or building details under that location so what i have to do is if user clicks "MORE" button i have to add some textfields dynamically and if user enters something and he clicks"UPDATE" button we have update the data means we have to pass the data from JSP to Model .
note:user can click "MORE" button couple of time so i have to add couple of text boxes and then user clicks "UPDATE" BUTTON SO i have pass the entire data to model.
thanks in advance
giri

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
You need to use the DHTML to add dynamic fields. The things you need to do is to create a <DIV> with id attribute and then use some javascript function to deal with innerHTML to dynamically create controls.
Further you should follow some naming convention to identify the dynamically created controls in the serverside upon page submit.
Hope this helps

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic