• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

where to put my jdbc driver to mysql?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, I have a question. Where do I place mm.mysql.jdbc-1.0 package? Please help.

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If the documentation doesn't specify any specific directory, then place it where it makes sense for you and add the *.jar files to your classpath.
For example, where I work we have a project call Foo. Under Foo, we create a tools directory to place all third-party libraries.

-Peter
[This message has been edited by Peter Tran (edited January 11, 2001).]

Bob Moranski
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am bit embarrassed to ask...but what is my classpath? Also, the package has subpackages, so, how do I jar it?
[This message has been edited by Bob Moranski (edited January 11, 2001).]

mister krabs
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The classpath is the path that tells java where to find classes. Packages can only be accessed when they are on the classpath. If I remember correctly, the package for mysql is located in a jar file called mysql_comp.jar. Put this file is a directory (c:\java\lib might be a good place) and then update your classpath variable to add c:\java\lib\mysql_comp.jar. Jar and Zip files have to listed explicitly.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
I am a student working on J2EE enviroment using JSP and MySQL. I am using a Webserver JRun 4 and eventually everything is working but I cannot access my database file because it asking me for JDBC driver. As far as I know I have place JDBC driver in every folder but it still don't pick up my JDBC Driver the Jar file.

My program was running before until I have to format my pc. and when I install everything again it is giving me an error in JDBC Driver. Now please tell me how to set my classpath if that is the case or I have to place JDBC Driver somewhere so it could pick it up. I am using JDK1.4.3 and still it can't find my driver.
Please help
its urgent.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Syed,
Welcome to Javaranch!

You don't need to have the driver in the same directory. Just make sure to put the driver jar file in your system CLASSPATH variable.

Also note that the original thread is from 2001. It's ok to start a new thread for a new question.

I guess everyone has an angle. Fine, what do you want? Just know that you cannot have this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic