• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

java projects

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi

iam looking for entry level jodb in java......have done my SCJP.......where can i get sample java project codes , so as to get real time experience with java projects.....

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I suggest doing your own project. It doesn't have to be anything big or complex, maybe a simple GUI, some business logic and a database. All the software is freely available, such as Swing, Tomcat and MySQL. Learn how to use Ant to build and deploy. You will learn a lot from doing this and you will have some code written by yourself to show prospective employers.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I find that most serious corporations only look at work that you have done for other corporations, when I build stuff of my own, they didnt acknoleged it as anything good or favorable. Only now that I have a year with an employer do people take me semi seriously.

At the same place that didnt take my own projects seriously, I have also heard of a programmer voninteering for them and geting hired afterwards. I know working for free really sucks, but consider it.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by cybel sheriden:
...where can i get sample java project codes , so as to get real time experience with java projects.....

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Shawn DeSarkar:
I find that most serious corporations only look at work that you have done for other corporations, when I build stuff of my own, they didnt acknoleged it as anything good or favorable. Only now that I have a year with an employer do people take me semi seriously.

That depends on what you did - if it had any practical use and what skills you learned when creating it. To be honest, however, Canadian firms tend to be really picky about what PAID experience they will consider too.

Cheers!

Luke

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Luke Kolin:

That depends on what you did - if it had any practical use and what skills you learned when creating it. To be honest, however, Canadian firms tend to be really picky about what PAID experience they will consider too.

Cheers!

Luke

This isn't strictly a Canadian phenomenon, employers get picky in a buyer's market. When it turns around into a seller's market their tune always changes. And don't believe any market is permanent, if you do I've got some $40 silver, $124.50 Nortel stock and $50,000 tulips that you might want to buy (if the squirrel doesn't get it first).

The most likely cause of the next big change in the employment market will be the retirement of a large portion of the post war baby boom. This has started, and should peak in 2011.

Prem Khan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

When it turns around into a seller's market their tune always changes

At last we will have our revenge !

Quick! Before anybody notices! Cover it up with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com