• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

oracle-jdbc problem and a dbms question

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hiya, can anyone recommand a few dbms programs like dbartisan for oracle database? Basically I just want a nice gui that shows me all the tables and store procedures a particule database has. I tried to search the net but not quite sure what to look for. And DBArtisan is too expensive.
On another note I keep getting-"sql.SQLEXCEPTION: Use executeUpdate instead of executeQuery"
The general code is
CallableStatement cs = con.prepareCall("{call SOME_FUNCTION(?)}");
cs.setString(1,"USER_ID");
ResultSet rs = cs.executeQuery();

When I run the SOME_FUNCTION('USER_ID') in a simple msquery it returns 5 columns with about 100 rows of data. So i dont see why it's not a query. It doesnt store the USER_ID or modify the database in any way. And I dont know how to look at the store procedure codes, hence the reason i am looking for a dbms
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Bo

Slideshow boring ... losing consciousness ... just gonna take a quick nap on this tiny ad ...
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic