• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

ORA-01009: missing mandatory parameter and line endings

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've spotted a couple of other ORA-01009 related messages here but none quite with quite these symptoms. Has anyone else seen this?
Using jdk1.3 and classes12_01, if I create either a Statement or a PreparedStatement from a string read in from a file, I get ORA-01009 if the file had windows line endings. If I save the file back out with Unix line endings, there's no problem. This is not a fix, however, since in many (enough) cases, CVS will checkout files with Windows line endings on a Windows box, no matter how I happened to save the file. I guess I could set up a file type for this and call it binary for CVS's sake, but it's not really a CVS problem so I'd prefer not to go that way. Has anyone else encountered this or seen a way to make the driver forgiving of line endings?
BTW, the error doesn't occur when createStatement is called, but on the first time you call next() on the result set.
Thanks
Terry

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Are they read from the file using a Java application? If so, are you using Readers or InputStreams? What stops you from stripping out or converting the line endings?
- Peter

Don't destroy the earth! That's where I keep all my stuff! Including this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic