Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Difficulty in following the MVC Architecture

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Respected Sir,
I m working on my curriculum project which is based on MVC architecture.From the front-end(jsp file) i m sending the request to servlet which acts as a request dispatcher(which dispatches the request to bean in which I have written the database connectivity code with Oracle8i).The problem is that the parameters which i m passing from servlet are not passing in beans so I m not able to get the connection.So If u can please send in the snippet of passing the values to beans I will b very thankful to u.

The second problem is that if I m giving static oracle driver,url,userid and password and then execute the application from jsp->servlet->bean->oracle with the help of Tomcat4.0 then it gives me the exception of ClassNotFoundException.When we run any simple java program which accesses the database from the command prompt we set the path and classpath of Oracle.But when jsp,servlet,beans are used we have to execute it through Tomcat server and how should I set the path of Oracle in the server.Please give the solution of both these problems so that I can proceed in my project.

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Please do not cross-post the same question in multiple forums. It wastes people's time when multiple redundant conversations take place. Please continue any discussion of this topic here.

thanks,
bear

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic