• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

connect to remote mysql db using jdbc

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have a new remote mysql database, and I would like to run an Ant target from my local machine to build a hibernate database schema on the remote site.
my jdbc settings are something like:

but I keep getting this error:

[hibernatetool] Error #1: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

I know the database exists, and that I have the right un and pw. this tools works fine when building the schema on localhost on my machine.
any ideas please?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Did you try connecting to the same URL using some other client like jdbc or mysqlcc? Does the url work there? Maybe you are missing port number or something there. Please tell us how you made it work.

-Medha

Bartender
Netbeans IDE C++ Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Does your provider (let's keep naming him www.domain.com) allow you to connect to your database via the internet?

Most providers that give you a mySQL database service, only allow you to access the database from the server itself (where your deployed web application runs), and allow you to do the db administration via mySqlAdmin.

They do not allow you to access the database from your home computer via the internet.

Regards, Jan

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic