• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Process for Applying J2EE patterns

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi
1.) At what point we can say we are ready for applying J2EE Pattern to our design ?
I think once we are completed with OO Analysis/Deesign we need to find out how can we apply different patterns from tool box.
What are the items/checkpoints that we can check before begining to apply patterns.
2.) We have very well defined process of doing OO analysis and Desgin. Finding out entities, their attributes and behavior, find out relationships among them, etc.
What is the steps / process for applying J2EE patterns.
Essentially my question is How to go about finding potential areas in your design where applying patterns would be beneficial.
3.) Is the end product after applying patterns is "Framework" on which the rest of the application is going to be based ?
Does the book "J2EE Design patterns Applied" talks about process on the whole ?
I wish the table of content for the book posted on Amazon.com or on Wrox's site are more eloborate.
Thanks and Regards,
Kartik

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey Karthik,
You said you have clearly defined methods for OO analysis. can you please share those methods with us. atleast a brief.
thanks

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic