• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need justification

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I hope this is too long but read it carefully.
As you know main advantage of EJBs is container will take care of persistence,transaction management and lifecycle management. Suppose if I have a situation where as a developer I won't bother abt how much time it will take for me to develop code, I do wanted to do all container operations by myself since I am so particular about performance where EJB decrease the app performance though you can use some patterns.In my case do you think I shouldn't use EJBs at all,if so how will you justify your design principles.
It's just for discussion only.When I am reading and doing app development in EJB this kind of questions araised in my mind. So I just wanted to share this with you folks....
I would really appreciate if people express their views in this discussion.
Thanks

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Anupa,

Read this article first it might give you a good insight about when your project needs ejbs:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ibm-ejb/
These days however, it might be easier to justify the non-use of ejbs, rather than using them. I believe that the j2ee community agrees that MDBs are a great stuff. Arguable the SLSB might be also good stuff, but the insight and feedback about entity ejbs and SFSBs is far from being positive. Today Spring & Hibernate sounds like a much better choice than ejb; tomorrow, after releasing ejb 3.0 the situation might change again, but it might take a while though.
Regards.

I found a beautiful pie. And a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic