• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Weblog and Websphere

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Whats are the differences or advantages of one over another in Weblogic and websphere App Servers.

Please count some,.

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am going to move this to a more approriate forum. This forum is for ORM related questions about mapping Java classes to Databases, querying the data, etc...

Mark

Mark Spritzler
ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
OK, so my question, and there is bias here. Why aren't you looking at JBoss app server?

Anyway, my experience with both Weblogic and Websphere is this.

1. I found Websphere much more difficult to learn and deploy applications. Basically felt like you had to jump through too many hoops to deploy.
2. Weblogic was the first App Server I ever used in 2000 and have come accross it much more than Websphere. Weblogic does a great job in making management of its app server easy with its console app and easy to deploy apps.
3. I am sure there might be a different in price.
4. In terms of market space and future job opportunities, I think Weblogic is used in more places than Websphere, (Not that this should be used as a basis of decision making, just a point)

My choice between those two app servers is Weblogic. But if I had choice of any App Server, I would choose JBoss or Glassfish over both of those because I feel they are better app servers and also FREE!!! Of course I would choose always JBoss because I like it so much that that is who I now work for.

Mark

Ruth Stout was famous for gardening naked. Just like this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic