• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

demand for a 1-yr experience java/jsp/servlet in usa

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, assuming the employee is willing to be relocated to anywhere, will a programmer with 1 yr experience in java/jsp/servlet, be able to find a job all the time?

At how many minimum years of java/jsp/servlet experience that an employee can easily find a job?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think you ask wrong question. Because there are many answers, or many numbers possible.

Would be right answer 5 years? I'm quite sure that yes. But 6 years is even better, but how about 7? etc.

You may be lucky to find a job as well. So do not expect fully scientifically proven answer.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
However if you have only 1 year of IT experience that will decrease your chances to get a Visa to work in the US, don't know about H1 visas but TN Visas(Mexicans and Canadians)require 3 years minimum.

Jesus Angeles
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Actually, I have an experience of: 10yrs mainframe/mvs, and 1 year of java/jsp/servlet.

I have an job offer (I am from asia). I am just thinking if anything negative happens (hopefully not) during that stint, I will be able to get employed with another company 'quickly', as the US immigration doesnt allow me to stay there for long, I think 2 weeks, without a visa.

My mvs skills can be a backup, but I am not sure if anyone in usa would sponsor h1b for mainframe these days (unlike y2k days).

Oscar Gonzalez
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
OK, at least the Big Blue will want a guy with mainframe experience, I think they are hurting for resources in mainframe positions since lots of the guys are retiring.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic