• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

java program & Windows batch files

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
I want to write a Window .bat file (batch file) that executes a java program. I've written one batch file(see below), but it does not execute java program. What's wrong?
reporting.bat
---------------------------------------------------
copy C:\Report_Input.TXT C:\back_up_reports
java TransformFile1
copy Output_file.TXT C:\back_up_reports

------------------
V Renu

Wanderer
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Run your bat from the DOS command prompt, and look at what exactly the error message says. If you can't figure it out, then report the message here. As a guess though, check your system variables. Does PATH include the directory for the java.exe file? Does CLASSPATH include the directory that has Transform1File.class? Backing up - does Transform1File.class even exist?

Renu, Vairagade
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My batch file works finely, when executed from command line, executes the java program properly, gives no error message. But that's doesn't solve my problem. Actually, I am using an application called WebTrends log Analyzer(webtrends.com), which generates certain statical reports on websites. It gives one option called Post-processing, which allows to excute a specified .exe or .bat file just after report-generation. I am using it & want the java program TransformFile1 to be executed through the .bat file. But that doesn't happen with WebTrends Log Analyzer.
------------------
V Renu

Renu, Vairagade
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you very much! You gave me clue to solve my problem. Actually I am using an application which allowes to run .bat files as Post-processing after a specific action. It required the CLASSPATH setting of system to modified to include the directory containin file Transform1.class. I was setting the classpath manually in only one session, when I was executing the .bat file from command line where it worked fine. But it didn't work when the application fired the execution of .bat, becoz CLASSPATH was not set. Now I changed the settings & my application is working fine. Than you again.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic