• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Switching technology from Java/J2EE to AquaLogic Service Bus (ALSB)

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Ranchers,

I need your help in deciding my career path, I hope you people will definitely solve my problem.

I have a total of 6yrs 10 mth of IT experience, out of this 5 yrs of J2EE experience and the rest in .NET which I worked intially when I started my career.

I have moved to a new MNC in Bangalore 2 months ago but they are asking me to work in AquaLogic Service Bus (ALSB), I am undergoing training now. I am really not convinced to work in this as I will be loosing valuable J2EE experience.

Can you people suggest me how is ALSB in market and is it good for a J2EE guy to work in ALSB for some time or will this be going to affect my career.

Thanks in Advance,
Krishna

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Integration area is picking up, so I guess you should take this opportunity.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
HI,

ALSB is part of the AquaLogic suit.it's very much part of java SOA.

in feature the integration is become a hot after web services.

it's really help to you to become a soluation architect and really a tot market skill in feature.

all the best.

Ranch Hand
Mac
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by krishna poluru:

I have moved to a new MNC in Bangalore 2 months ago but they are asking me to work in AquaLogic Service Bus (ALSB), I am undergoing training now. I am really not convinced to work in this as I will be loosing valuable J2EE experience.

Can you people suggest me how is ALSB in market and is it good for a J2EE guy to work in ALSB for some time or will this be going to affect my career.

Thanks in Advance,
Krishna

I think you deadly need some different thought process. And it is very hard to do by just by replying one post, but will try my best.

1.Don't took learning ALSB is just learnign one tool. Take it as a learning ESB concepts. Same concept can be applied to MQ broker, Sonic Bus, open source ESB etc. etc. Which in turn leads you to understand details of SOA.
Don't you think SOA is very hot?

2. If your company is using ALBPM then you will be writing some business process flows. Don't you think BPM is again a hot area. Again you must not tie yourself to the ALBPM but the concept of BPM.

Regarding staying touch in java.

1. Working on esb tool doesn't mean you are not going to write java code. You may be writing some common data model in java to work with multiple clients or vendors.

2. Moreover, ESB is still sits in the middle of many other applications so you must have any web or portal application which is intefacing with client must be talking to ESB. Put some extra efforts to get architecture detail of those application and then you are still in touch with your web application area.

So moving into ESB, you are not leaving j2ee but instead of that you are entering into more complex world of j2ee.

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would think of this move as enhancing your horizons in design/development and not as moving from Java/J2EE to ALSB. Use this opportunity to learn SOA concepts, which will come in very handy when you would like to become an architect or integrate your Java/J2EE based applications with other systems. But also make sure that a few months down the track have a balance.
[ November 19, 2007: Message edited by: arulk pillai ]

Straws are for suckers. Now suck on this tiny ad!
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic