• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Report this post !!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Nothing wrong with this post . I was just trying to suggest a useful
feature for javaranch forums

One of the most important things that make Ranch a beautiful place to hang out is the set of rules that it members need to adhere to. I have seen moderators spend considerable time reminding new people about any non compliance . I am sure it is not easy for them to find such posts .

If there was a link, say "Report this post" ,through which other members could inform moderators that a particular post breaks some rules , then moderators would quickly know which post needs to be moderated .It will be useful in case of moving or deleting posts . I think this would lighten the burden on the moderators by leveraging the presence of the experienced forum members .

Just a thought ...

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you find a post that you think needs moderator attention, you can post a topic here with a link to the questionable post.

Trailboss
IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Not a bad idea.

But ... does it seem that stuff is getting attended to? If things are managed well without the link, perhaps we could enjoy a simpler interface.

Vikrant Pandit
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

If you find a post that you think needs moderator attention, you can post a topic here with a link to the questionable post.

Well thats always a good option. However , it would so much easier if there was a tiny button or link which when clicked , generates an ajax call and notifies the moderators in that time zome or presently logged in the saloon

But ... does it seem that stuff is getting attended to? If things are managed well without the link, perhaps we could enjoy a simpler interface.

We have to thank the moderators here for that. However they can always use some help . After all , isn't it all about leveraging the power of the community

Thanks !!

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Vivek Pandey:

We have to thank the moderators here for that. However they can always use some help . After all , isn't it all about leveraging the power of the community

Personally, I like that kind of help best where someone from the community writes a nice, appropriate response. That means even more time for me to do fun things, and makes it easier to spot potential new slaves^H^H^H^H^H^Hbartenders.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic