• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Hibernate + Weblogic + Classpath

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I was trying out hibernate in weblogic server the other day.While developing my sample application I places all the required hibernate jar files in the application classpath( WEB-INF\lib\...) but I was unable to run the app till the moment I added them in the weblogic server classpath.

My Question is, why do I need to add those hibernate required jars in weblogic class path even when I have then within my application classpath. This reduces the protability of any app and actually forces me to configure servers before I deploy any such app?

Thanks
Sabyasachi

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I put all the Hibernate (and related) jar files in my application classpath in Websphere. Works just fine. So you must have a Weblogic question here. Probably a solvable one, but "unable to run the app" doesn't give a mere mortal like me enough to work with.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic