• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Similar to windows MyComputer(urgent)

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
How to get the list of drives in a machine.I want to display the list of drives [with drive label & size ] and then the list of files & directories [with size & no. of files] by double-clicking the drive.I wish to display them in a frame or window, similar to the windows My Computer.I want to display the file_size, date_created,last_modified_date,permissions such as read_only, hidden etc., by right_clicking & viewing the properties. Please send me some code.Reply as soon as possible.[urgent]

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi netharam
One of the better examples of what you are trying to do is in the book entitled Swing. There is an online copy of the book befor it went to print. This can be down-loaded with runnable code examples. What you are looking for is in chapter 17 and the example being 'FileTree1'. I hope this helps. I see that you posted your question a while ago and you might have sorted tha problem already. The book is worth checking out anyway. http://manning.spindoczine.com/sbe/
Cheers,
Anthony.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic